On April 13, 2017, Georgia Tech’s cybersecurity research labs will hold its second annual “Demo Day Finale.” At this event, information security student teams at Georgia Tech will compete before venture capitalists and industry leaders by presenting cybersecurity concepts for possible commercialization.
- Five student teams will present TED-style talks about their research before an elite panel of business leaders who then advise students about future considerations for commercialization.
- Cybersecurity research with the best chance of commercialization or demonstrating the most impact toward resolving an unmet need wins.
- A panel of investors will select the first and second place winners (who will receive awards of $5,000 and $3,000).
- Event attendees will be able to vote for a “People’s Choice” winner (who will receive $2,000).
Last year’s winner—Musheer Ahmed—went on to win the Atlanta Startup Battle and more than $400,000 to launch his business. Ahmed has since hired employees and is fine-tuning his user interface and product.
For technology executives and their teams, this event is a great way to:
- Hear about ideas first-hand before research moves to market.
- Connect with students who will soon become an important part of the cybersecurity industry.
- Examine student research in an up-close and personal environment.
What: Demo Day Finale
When: Thursday, April 13 from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Georgia Institute of Technology
Klaus Advanced Computing Building, Room #1116 E-W
266 Ferst Drive, Atlanta
Directions & Parking
Who: See the list of competitors and projects.
How Much: Free