June 16, 2022
On July 20th, the NTSC will host our national conference in Washington, D.C. The event will be preceded by a VIP reception and dinner on the evening of July 19th.
We have been asked a number of questions regarding the conference and we would take a minute to answer them since it appears a FAQ would be helpful.
- What is the NTSC?
- The NTSC www.NTSC.org is a coalition of senior technology security executives from primarily Fortune 1000 companies who are focused on ensuring the voice of the Chief Information Security Officer is heard on Capitol Hill.
- Who is qualified to attend the NTSC national conference?
- Any senior technology security executive from the buyer side of the equation is welcome to attend.
- Why restrict attendance to the buyer side of the equation?
- The NTSC is supported by strategic underwriters who believe in the NTSC mission and receive exclusive access in exchange for their support. This is not a typical sponsorship relationship in that our underwriters stand shoulder to shoulder with us each and every day, helping to advance our mission. Today, the NTSC is supported by Microsoft, Proofpoint, Inc. and Collective Insights.
- What makes the NTSC national conference different from any other conference I can attend during the year?
- We strive to create conversations, not presentations. We do not allow media to attend any of our events, and the sessions are not recorded in any manner. Chatham House rules apply at all times, which means we can have candid discussions around the issues that matter most to the security community.
- The conference is vendor-light, which means that you will be interacting primarily with peers from across the nation including a number of NTSC Board Members (Board of Directors | NTSC) representing some of the largest companies in the U.S. and UK.
- The agenda is packed with thought leaders from both the public and private sector including NCD Chris Inglis, Congressman John Katko, Microsoft Corporate Vice President Kelly Bissell, Rear Admiral (Ret.) Mark Montgomery, Cipher Brief CEO Suzanne Kelly, Proofpoint VP & Global Resident CISO Lucia Milică, and several special guests yet to be announced.
- How much does it cost to attend?
- Attendance is free, but by invitation only, which means that when you register we will vet your registration to ensure you are a buyer side senior technology security executive.
- Does my registration include an invitation to the VIP reception and dinner on the evening of July 19?
- Is there a room block reserved at the hotel hosting the event?
- Yes, you can reserve your room at the hotel hosting the event by clicking on the following link NTSC HYATT HOUSE. The final date for reserving a room is June 24, 2022.
- How many guests do you expect to attend?
- Attendance will be limited to 75 guests including speakers and staff. We currently have a limited number of seats open for the conference and would encourage you to register soon as these seats will fill quickly now that we have opened registration beyond the NTSC community.
- How can I become a member of the NTSC?
- Membership is available in two forms. First, if you are a CISO, CPO, CRO, or other senior technology security officer we would invite you to consider joining our board of directors. Details can be found at Become a Board Member | NTSC.
- The other option is to become a general member, which entitles you to attend our regional roundtables, the national conference, our virtual events, and to receive our monthly advocacy and legislative updates, which provide a summary of the key actions taken on Capitol Hill and across Washington on the issues we are tracking including the creation of a federal privacy mandate, workforce development, strengthening the public/private partnership, and many more. Most importantly, you will be adding your voice to the collective when we meet with our congressional leaders to discuss the issues that matter to our community. You can find information on the general membership program at Become an NTSC Member | NTSC
We are excited with the agenda, and we sincerely hope that you will join us next month in Washington.
Registration details are available at 2022 National Conference